TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO IMPERVIOUS TECHNOLOGIES SERVICE AGREEMENT
The terms and conditions of this Service Agreement (“Agreement”) are made between Impervious Technologies (“Impervious”, “we,” “us,” or “our” and any user as defined in Section 1. g. (each an “Authorized User” and, collectively, “Authorized Users”, “you”, “your”). Impervious Technologies and Authorized Users are each a “Party” and collectively referred to as the “Parties.”
Authorized Users are gaining access to one or more Service(s) as more specifically defined in Section 1(a) below, which may be delivered through this website (“Site”) or other third party website operated by our Service Provider or Sources (both as defined below) (“Service Provider Websites”). In some instances, Authorized User may be gaining access to Services through a sponsoring organization (“Sponsoring Organization”) that provides Authorized Users other products, solutions or resources (“Sponsoring Organization Resources”) that are entirely beyond Impervious’ purview or control.
BY CLICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BUTTON, ACCESSING THE SITE, USING OR INSTALLING ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ADVICE SERVICES OR CONTENT SERVICES, YOU ASSERT THAT YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED USER AND EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION TO THE PORTION OF THE SERVICES DELIVERED THROUGH THE SITE, THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO THE SERVICES BEING PROVIDED ON THE TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON TO AUTHORIZED USERS PRIOR TO AND SUBSEQUENT TO THEIR ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT. IF AN AUTHORIZED USER DOES NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING NON-ACCEPTANCE MUST BE SELECTED, IN WHICH CASE, IMPERVIOUS WILL PROMPTLY CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AND THE AUTHORIZED USER MAY NOT ACCESS ANY SITE, USE, REQUEST OR INSTALL ANY PART OF THE SERVICES. ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
1. SERVICE TERMS AND LIMITATIONS
a. Description of Services. Impervious offers and facilitates access to various services primarily in the area of cyber security including but not limited to consultation services, compliance auditing, security trainings, assessments, disaster recovery management, threat hunting, email security services governance and policy services, managed security services, general advisory services including but not limited to Advice Services and Content Services (“Services”). Authorized Users may gain access to one or more or a combination of these Services in the course of this Agreement. Regardless of which Services the Authorized User has access to, the terms of this Agreement apply. Services are not limited to, but may specifically include: (i) Telephone or online access to various advisors for guidance and consultative support, whether submitted via phone or email, or referencing Authorized User content when the Service used permits submission of Authorized User content, (“Advice Services”); (ii) Site access to content resources and solutions (“Content Services”);. The Services are designed to provide general guidance to cyber security questions general consultative manner that can be answered without the need for extensive investigation or research. If an Authorized User has a question that requires time or research beyond the scope of the Services provide, Authorized Users may need to retain counsel or an expert to address such question, whether or not such Service is provided by Impervious or an Service Provider (defined below). In all instances, Services may include advice and guidance; however, neither Impervious, any Service Provider (defined below), any Source (defined in Section 2(c) below), or any Sponsoring Organization shall be responsible for the ultimate decisions or actions an Authorized User makes as a result of its use of any Services at any time.
b. Services Terms. Cyber protection, cyber technology and the legal obligations associated with such are rapidly evolving and changing. As such, the Services are not intended to provide assurance nor supplant the Authorized User’s obligations to comply with applicable law. Additionally, the Services do not supplant any duty imposed upon any Authorized User to comply with applicable law. Authorized User shall at all times ensure complete compliance with the same, Impervious is constantly changing and improving the Services, and may add or remove functionalities or features, or may suspend or stop the Services altogether at any time and in its sole discretion. Impervious may stop providing the Services to any Authorized User or add or create new limits to the Services (including number of Authorized Users allowed) at any time and in its sole discretion.
c. Intellectual Property. Impervious is the owner of all right, title and interest to the Site, Services and the underlying software and systems, including all copyrights, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. The Services are proprietary to Impervious and are protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. Authorized User does not own the Services nor shall it be deemed to have acquired any right, title or interest in the Services (including any license) whether expressly, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, except for the limited right to use the Services during the subsistence of this Agreement in accordance with the terms hereof. Subject to the timely payment of all fees (if applicable) and the terms and limitations set forth in this Agreement or in accessing the Site, Impervious agrees to provide Authorized User with non-transferable non-sublicensable and non-exclusive access to the Services subscribed for by the Authorized User. Any and all third-party content or Sponsoring Organization Resources submitted to or facilitated through the Site are not part of the Services and shall be subject to the applicable terms and conditions of use of such content or Sponsoring Organization Resources prescribed by the relevant third party.
d. Accessibility. Authorized User agrees that from time to time the Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) Authorized User’s failure to timely pay any fees for the Services (Ii) equipment malfunctions; (iiI) periodic maintenance procedures, scheduled downtimes, or repairs which Impervious may undertake from time to time; (iv) network issues; (v) Authorized Users’ use of third party materials, misuse of the Services or underlying software, or use of the Services or the underlying Software other than in compliance with the express terms of the Agreement; (vi) any force majeure events or other causes beyond the control of Impervious (including any disruptions at the end of the third party Service Providers) or which are not reasonably foreseeable by Impervious . Impervious shall not be liable in any manner for such interruption or discontinuation of the Services due to any of the reasons mentioned above.
e. Equipment and Facilities. Authorized User shall be solely responsible for providing, maintaining and ensuring compatibility with the Services, all hardware, software, electrical and other physical requirements for Authorized User’s use of the Services, including, without limitation, telecommunications and internet access connections and links, web browsers or other equipment, programs and services required to access and use the Services. In case of Services performed at Authorized User’s location, the Authorized User shall ensure that the personnel or representatives visiting your facility is provided access to Authorized User ‘s premises, employees, and equipment and a safe and secure work environment along with necessary facilities at all times while they are on the location to enable effective provision of Services.
f. Sources. Authorized User agrees that all or some of the Services may be delivered by a variety of third-party Service Providers, Sponsoring Organizations, or other independent third-party service providers, independent third-party sources, or publicly available sources (individually referred to as “Source” and collectively as “Sources”). The Authorized User understands that Impervious does not warrant the accuracy of, or assumes any liability for any Services provided by such Source and Impervious does not warrant the same in any manner. Impervious merely acts as a facilitator for the Services provided by such Sources and any claim arising from any such Services shall be made directly against the relevant Source without any recourse to Impervious. Access to any Services will be facilitated as general best practices support, and each Authorized User hereby expressly acknowledges and agrees that the provision of and access to such Services is subject to the specific terms and conditions of each of the Sources for such Services which shall be complied with by the Authorized User in addition to the terms contained hereunder. Notwithstanding Section 7 of this Agreement, the Authorized User further acknowledges that in the event the law(s) applicable to the topics addressed in the Authorized User’s use of the Services changes after the date the Services are accessed by the Authorized User, whether through the Advice Services or Content Services, that neither the Sources nor Impervious will contact the Authorized User concerning any such changes. The Authorized User also acknowledges that to the extent the law(s) applicable to the Content Services or Sponsoring Organization Resources changes after the date is it first made available to the Authorized User through the Site, that said Content Services or Sponsoring Organization Resources will be updated as soon as is reasonably practicable.
g. Sponsoring Organization Resources. Materials and/or information provided by a Sponsoring Organization (“Sponsoring Organization Resources”), are not considered as Services and are therefore, not subject to the terms of this Agreement. Impervious is simply facilitating access to Sponsoring Organization Resources, which are independent third-party content. In any instance where an Authorized User gains access to Services through a Sponsoring Organization’s website, Impervious assumes no responsibility for Authorized User’s ability to access Services should Sponsoring Organization’s website be inaccessible or malfunctioning.
h. Authorized Users. Authorized Users include: (i) any person or entity that opens an account with Impervious for Services; (ii) any person or entity that accesses the Site or Services (Iii) those employees who are specifically authorized by their organization to use the Services; or (iv) a broker, third party administrator, authorized re-seller, sales representative or other representative from a Sponsoring Organization or an Authorized User. Authorized User may upload and/or submit content to Impervious, and by doing so the Authorized User grants Impervious and any Source referencing the Authorized User’s content a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use such content in order to facilitate and improve Services to the Authorized User and in aggregate form for data analysis beyond the Authorized User to improve and enhance the Services. Nothing in this Agreement shall restrict other legal rights Impervious may have to Authorized User content, for example under other licenses. In the instance of any content uploaded by Authorized User to the Site, Authorized User shall be responsible to ensure all content is accurate, free from error and free from any virus or imperfection. Authorized User shall scan all content for viruses or other malware prior to uploading to Impervious. Impervious reserves the right to remove Authorized User content for any reason, at its discretion, including, but not limited to, if such content is identified to contain any viruses, malware or other issue outlined in Section 4 below. Any content uploaded/submitted to Impervious will not be reviewed for the purpose of determining whether the content itself is compliant with applicable law or best practices, but will instead be used in the course of rendering Services to the Authorized User. Said materials will be retained for up to six (6) months post termination of this Agreement with the Authorized User.
i. Pricing. To the extent Authorized Users pay any fees for access to any Services directly and any additional Buy-Up solutions with any Service Provider or Source through the Site, pricing is subject to change at any time in Impervious’ sole discretion with at least ten (10) days advance notice to the Authorized User. Authorized User will maintain the right to 1). continue the Services by accepting the change in pricing or 2) terminate its use of Services prior to the new pricing going into effect. IMPERVIOUS DOES NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS (PRO-RATED OR OTHERWISE) ONCE PAYMENT FOR ANY BUY UP OR SERVICES IS RECEIVED, ABSENT A SERVICE PROVIDER OR SOURCE INDICATING OTHERWISE. AUTHORIZED USERS MAY SEEK OUT ANY REFUND POLICIES DIRECTLY WITH ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SOURCES, TO THE EXTENT ANY SUCH OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE.
a. Security. Authorized Users shall be solely responsible for the security, confidentiality and integrity of all messages and the content that the Authorized User receives, transmits, uploads or stores on the Site or otherwise for the purposes availing the Services. Authorized Users shall be solely responsible for any authorized or unauthorized access to Authorized User’s account by any person. Authorized User agrees to bear all responsibility for actions taken under their account access and for maintaining the confidentiality of their password. Additionally, Authorized User shall be responsible for all use of the Services and applicable fees incurred. Authorized Users agree to take commercially reasonable best efforts to prevent access to the Services (whether by internet, phone or otherwise) by any person other than Authorized Users, to report promptly to Impervious any access to the Services by unauthorized persons, and to indemnify Impervious against any and all actions, causes, claims, damages, debts, demands or liability, including all costs and attorney’s fees, arising in whole or in part from access to the Services through Authorized User’s account by unauthorized persons.
b. Confidentiality. Impervious respects each Authorized User’s confidentiality. Impervious will not disclose or publish any confidential information about an Authorized User or Authorized User’s account, other than to any Sources as is necessary to provide Services, without Authorized User’s prior consent unless Impervious has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Impervious; (iii) enforce this Agreement; (iv) protect the interests of other Authorized Users of the Services; or (v) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of Impervious services or equipment, including the Services as authorized by law. However, Authorized Users shall have no expectation of confidentiality with respect to the Internet generally. Authorized User’s IP address is transmitted and recorded with each message Authorized User sends from the Services. Impervious owns all data, communication and information as a result of Services. Impervious may disclose or publish non-confidential information about an Authorized User or Authorized User’s account and usage including, but not limited to, statistical data, trends, traffic, logins, access to Content, specific comments or polling results concerning the Authorized User’s experience with the Services, general issues supported through Advice Services, actual un-identified questions answered through Advice Services and other information regarding and resulting from Authorized Users’ type of use and frequency of use of the Services. Authorized Users’ specific details of the specific communications as part of the Advice Services with Service Providers is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed or published by Impervious except on an un-identifiable basis.
c. Service Providers. Impervious facilitates access to a variety of contracted third-party service providers and advisors across various Services (each a “Service Provider” and collectively “Service Providers”). In the instance that a Service Provider is a law firm which delivers Advice Services to an Authorized User, Authorized Users acknowledge that in the ordinary course of representing clients, any Service Providers may be or become adverse to a current Authorized User while providing Advice Services; thus, by continuing with any Advice Services inquiry, each Authorized User agrees that it may not assert Service Provider’s provision of services through the Advice Services as a reason to disqualify Service Provider. While the Advice Services are confidential, use of the Advice Services does not create an ongoing attorney-client or confidential relationship between any Service Provider and any Authorized User, and therefore Service Providers may not perform any conflict check or other due diligence before providing Advice Services to any Authorized User.
d. No Guarantees. By using the Services, Authorized User acknowledges and agrees that neither Impervious, any Source nor any Service Provider makes any guarantee that an Authorized User or its organization will achieve a specific result, including, but not limited to, greater compliance with applicable regulations, breaches or losses as a result of using the Services. Authorized User agrees not to make a claim against Impervious alleging that the Services caused or contributed to or did not prevent a loss, breach or claim against the Authorized User or its organization or any third party.
e. Impervious Not a Service Provider Re-Seller. While there may be opportunities to purchase additional solutions within the Site (“Buy Up”), Impervious is not acting as a re-seller for any Service Provider or any Sources. Impervious is simply facilitating access to other solutions for Authorized Users’ consideration. Any additional Buy Up made by Authorized Users with any Service Providers or Sources (even if made through the Site) shall be at the sole discretion and decision of the Authorized Users, and Authorized Users acknowledge that Impervious shall not be responsible for any sale, implementation, execution, warranties, guarantees, or refunds (full or pro-rated) of any kind involving any additional Buy Up by Authorized Users with any Service Providers or Sources through the provision of Services, absent a Service Provider or Source indicating otherwise. Authorized Users may seek out any warranties, guarantees or refund policies directly with any Service Providers or Sources, to the extent any such options are available.
f. No Notice of Insurance Claim. Authorized User’s use of the Services does not constitute giving notice of an insurance claim, suit, or circumstance to your insurance provider. Authorized User acknowledges and agrees that it is solely the Authorized User’s responsibility to comply with the claims reporting obligations and procedures required by each and every insurance policy under which the Authorized User is a covered insured. For more information concerning the requirements on how and when such claim reporting is required, the Authorized User shall contact the applicable insurance carrier directly.
g. No Agency Created/No Legal Services Provided by Impervious. The Parties agree and acknowledge that the relationship of the Parties is in the nature of an independent contractor. This Agreement shall not be deemed to create a partnership or joint venture and neither Party is the other’s agent, partner, employee or representative. Impervious is not an agent of the Authorized User and is not authorized to act on behalf of the Authorized User for any purpose other than rendering of the Services. Impervious is not a law firm, law practice, or the legal representative of any Authorized User, and does not represent any Authorized Users through the rendering of the Services. Authorized User’s use of the Services and the Advice Services provided by Service Providers does not include or constitute the rendering of legal advice to Authorized User by Impervious and Impervious assumes no responsibility or liability for the information or guidance provided by any Service Provider. Authorized User’s use of the Services and/or Advice Services and/or Content Services is not a substitute for obtaining legal or other advice from Authorized User’s own attorney(s) or consultant. Authorized Users should seek the counsel of an independent attorney or consultant of the Services if an Authorized User has any questions regarding a legal matter or other issue or topic addressed through any of the Services. Authorized Users should never disregard or delay obtaining advice from their own attorney(s) or advisor(s) because of something Authorized User has read or heard as part of the Services.
h. No Insurance Advice Provided. Services are pre-claim risk mitigation support only and do not in any way provide any advice on any insurance claims, any insurance coverage terms or any other insurance matters. Impervious recommends Authorized Users engage their insurance broker or insurance carrier(s) and follow all specific claim reporting procedures as outlined by their insurance policy(s).
i. No Resources Provided by Impervious. The parties agree that any and all resources or content provided by a Sponsoring Organization, an Authorized User, a Source, a Service Provider or another independent third party source do not come within the purview of this Agreement. Impervious assumes no liability for any such resources or content provided by a Sponsoring Organization, an Authorized User, a Source, a Service Provider or another independent third party source.
j. Limited License/Ownership. Impervious gives Authorized Users a personal, revocable, royalty-free, non-assignable non-sublicensible and non-exclusive license to use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Authorized Users to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Impervious, in the manner permitted by these terms. Authorized Users shall not, and shall not permit any other person to, access or use the Site or the Services except as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Authorized Users shall not:
(i) copy, modify, distribute, sell, create derivative works or improvements of the Services;
(ii) rent, lease, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any Services or the underlying software systems to any person, including on or in connection with the internet or any time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud or other technology or service;
(iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt or otherwise gain access to or attempt to extract the code of the Services;
(iv) bypass or breach any security device or protection used by the Services or underlying software or access or use the Services other than by an Authorized User through the use of his or her own then valid access credentials;
(v) input, upload, transmit or otherwise provide to or through the Services or Site, any information or materials that are unlawful or injurious, or contain, transmit or activate any harmful code;
(vi) damage, destroy, disrupt, disable, impair, interfere with or otherwise impede or harm in any manner the Services or Site, Impervious’ provision of Services to any third party, in whole or in part;
(vii) remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks, specifications, documentation, warranties or disclaimers, or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from any Services, including any copy thereof;
(viii) access or use the Services or the Site in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any third party including by any unauthorized access to, misappropriation, use, alteration, destruction or disclosure of the data of any other customer, or that violates any applicable law;
(ix) access or use the Services or the Site for purposes of competitive analysis of the Services, the development, provision or use of a competing service or product or any other purpose that is to Impervious’ detriment or commercial disadvantage; or
(x) otherwise access or use the Services or the Site beyond the scope of the authorization granted under this Agreement.
Using Impervious Services does not give any Authorized User ownership of any intellectual property rights in Impervious Services or the content accessed. Authorized Users may not use content from Impervious Services unless Authorized User obtains prior written permission from Impervious or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant any Authorized User the right to use any branding or logos used in Impervious Services. Impervious retains and reserves all rights to the Services not granted herein.
k. Data Backup. Impervious’ information technology infrastructure used in performing the Services is programmed to perform routine data backups as set out in our backup policy in effect from time to time. In the event of any loss, destruction, damage or corruption of data caused by the Services, Impervious will, as its sole obligation and liability and as Authorized User’s sole remedy, use commercially reasonable efforts to restore the data from Impervious’ then most current backup of such data in accordance with its then current backup policy.
Impervious reserves the right to immediately terminate Authorized User’s use of the Services with no refund of any fees or monies paid to Impervious as of the date of said termination, in the event it is determined that an Authorized User violated a requirement of Agreement, with such determination being made in Impervious sole discretion. The failure of Impervious to resort to any remedy provided under this Agreement, or under common law, available as a result of such a violation shall in no way affect the right of Impervious to resort to any such remedy at any time thereafter, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver as to any such violation. Notwithstanding the indemnification rights outlined in Section 8 of this Agreement, under no circumstances shall Impervious or any Service Provider be held liable for consequences flowing from an unauthorized use of the Services, and the Authorized User, by proceeding to use the Services, agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Impervious and the Service Providers, to the maximum extent permitted by law, against any and all actions, causes, claims, damages, debts, demands or liability, including all costs and attorney’s fees, arising in whole or in part from any use of the Services by the Authorized User that is in violation of this Agreement.
4. PROHIBITED USES. Authorized User is solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur under Authorized User’s account or password and Authorized User agrees not to engage in unacceptable use of the Services which includes, without limitation, (i) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, offensive, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (iii) make any statement verbally, in writing, or electronically to, or engage in any conduct of any type or kind toward, any Source, Service Provider, Sponsoring Organization or Impervious, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, offensive, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (iv) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, (v) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law; (vi) interfere, disrupt or attempt to disable the Services or gain unauthorized access to other accounts on the Services; or (vii) engage in any other activity deemed by Impervious to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement. Impervious shall have the right to immediately suspend the Services and terminate this Agreement upon the Authorized User engaging in any of the above activities.
5. TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective upon Authorized User’s acceptance as set forth herein and shall continue in full force until terminated. Impervious reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, at any time and for any reason to (i) remove or disable access to all or any portion of the Services; (ii) suspend Authorized User’s access to or use of all or any portion of the Services; and/or (iii) terminate or amend this Agreement.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL IMPERVIOUS NOR ANY SERVICE PROVIDER, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM INACCURATE OR LOST DATA OR LOSS OF USE OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH AUTHORIZED USER’S USE OF OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES. NEITHER IMPERVIOUS NOR ANY SERVICE PROVIDER, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, DELAY, DOWNTIME OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL IMPERVIOUS OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDER’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY THE AUTHORIZED USER TO IMPERVIOUS HEREUNDER FOR THE MOST RECENT ONE MONTH PERIOD. SOME STATES PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THUS THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO AN AUTHORIZED USER IN SUCH STATE. IF AUTHORIZED USER IS DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, AUTHORIZED USER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE FOR AUTHORIZED USER TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICES AND TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. NEITHER IMPERVIOUS NOR ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES IMPERVIOUS OR ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE ADVICE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE DISTRIBUTED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER IMPERVIOUS NOR ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES. NEITHER IMPERVIOUS , NOR ANY SERVICE PROVIDER, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES WARRANT THAT ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. AUTHORIZED USERS EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE ADVICE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT SERVICES IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY AUTHORIZED USER. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO AN AUTHORIZED USER. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF IMPERVIOUS AND OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
FURTHER, THE SERVICES ARE BASED UPON PROVIDING INFORMATION AND BEST PRACTICES TO EDUCATE ITS USERS. NONE OF OUR OR SERVICE PROVIDER’S WRITTEN MATERIALS OR SERVICES ARE OR SHOULD BE CONSTRUED TO BE THE PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES, LEGAL ADVICE, LEGAL REPRESENTATION, THE PRACTICE OF LAW, OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY. IMPERVIOUS DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT IT IS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE OR THAT ITS SERVICES GUARANTEE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS OR AVOIDANCE OF LEGAL RISK OR LIABILITY. AUTHORIZED USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT SHOULD AND WILL SEEK THE ADVICE OF ITS OWN LEGAL COUNSEL IN ORDER TO OBTAIN LEGAL SERVICES, LEGAL ADVICE, OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.
9. User Warranties. Authorized User acknowledges that the information received from the Site and Services may contain data breach, cyber incidents, and organizational cyber maturity information. Authorized User acknowledges that you and any individual given access to the data you receive from the Site and Services will not use the information in a manner that is unlawful or harmful to any other individual. You authorize that you are an authorized representative of any organization or individual in which you request data for and that you have all appropriate authorizations to do so.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be finally settled by binding arbitration conducted in the English language in Denver, Colorado under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator selected by the Parties from a list furnished by the AAA. If the Parties are unable to agree on such Arbitrator from the list, such Arbitrator shall be appointed by the AAA or in the alternative, each Party shall select one arbitrator who, in turn, shall select the Arbitrator who shall arbitrate the dispute. Disputes about arbitration procedure shall be resolved by the Arbitrator or if prior to their appointment, by the AAA in Denver, Colorado. The Arbitrator shall be authorized to grant interim relief, including preventing the destruction of goods or documents involved in the dispute, protect trade secrets or other intellectual property, and provide for security for a prospective monetary award. In no event shall punitive damages be assessed against either Party. Each Party shall bear its own expenses, but the Parties will share equally the expenses of the Arbitrator and the AAA. The award of the Arbitrator shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the Parties and shall be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction, subject only to revocation on grounds of fraud or clear bias on the part of the Arbitrator. Notwithstanding anything contained in this section to the contrary, each Party shall have the right to institute judicial proceedings against the other Party or anyone acting by, through, or under such other Party, in order to enforce the Party’s rights to injunctive or similar equitable relief, including relief to prevent the destruction of goods or documents involved in the dispute, protect trade secrets or other intellectual property, or provide for security for a prospective monetary award.
12. Export Law. Authorized User agrees to comply fully with all U.S. and other applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Services nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
Impervious follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the information we collect. That said, no data security measures are 100% secure. Therefore, while we implement reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the information we collect, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
14. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE
We have the right to change these Terms of Service without prior notification to you. If we make a change to these Terms of Service, we will change the effective date. We suggest you review these Terms of Service from time to time.
15. GOVERNING LAW, VENUE, AND ATTORNEY’S FEES. This Agreement shall be in all respects governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, including all matters of construction, validity, and performance. Authorized User hereby consents to jurisdiction of courts in Denver, Colorado and waives any objections to such jurisdiction. In any action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement, the Party prevailing in such action shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms of Service, please contact us at https://impervioustech.com/contact.